Cráter Azul is one of the water sources of the La Pasión River, located in Sayaxhé, Petén in northern Guatemala. Its waters are crystal clear, you can see the vegetation at the bottom thanks to the clarity of the water creating a beautiful underwater garden. The edges are shallow, but at the center its depth is 15 to 25 ft, depending on the time of year you visit. The pristine state of conservation of this mystic place is one of its biggest attractions. It takes its name from the crater shape and the intense blue color of its waters.
- 8:00 am. Transfer from your hotel in Flores, Petén to Sayaxché.
- 9:30 a.m. Boat tour through La Pasión River and its tributary, the Pucté River. During the tour of these two rivers to reach the Blue Crater you will see waterfowl and birds of prey perching on the banks as well as a variety of reptiles, including snake, crocodiles, turtles and iguanas.
- 11:00 a.m. Arrival to the Blue crater.
- 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. free time to swim in the Blue Crater.
- 2:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Transfer from the Blue Crater to the Manos Unidas Community, located on the shores of the San Juan Acul Lagoon. A 30 minute conmute very close to La Pasión River.
- 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Lunch at the home of a family of the Manos Unidas Community.
- 4:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Transfer from the Community to Sayaxchè.
- 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Driving from Sayaxchè to Flores Island.
- Ground transportation Flores / Sayaxchè / Flores.
- Boat tour of Sayaxchè-Blue Crater- Trip to Manos Unidas-Sayaxché and return.
- English – Spanish speaking guide.
- Lunch, life jacket, diving masks
What’s not included: drinks, tips, aerial or bus transportation from Guatemala to Flores (we can arrange for it if you need)