Cráter Azul (blue crater) is located in one of the sources of La Pasión River, located in Sayaxché, Petén in northern Guatemala. You can see the vegetation at the bottom thanks to the water’s unspoiled clarity revealing an amazing underwater garden. The edges of this natural pool are shallow, but at the center its depth varies between 15 to 25 ft, depending on the time of the year you visit. The pristine state of conservation of this mystic place is one of its biggest attractions. It takes its name from the crater shape and the intense blue color of its waters. Please help us in the conservation of these places.
- 8:00 am. Transfer from your hotel in Flores, Petén to Sayaxché.
- 9:30 a.m. Boat tour through La Pasión River and its tributary, the Pucté River. During the tour of these two rivers to reach the Blue Crater you will see waterfowl and bird´s of prey perching on the banks as well as a variety of reptiles, including snake, crocodiles, turtles and iguanas.
- 11:00 a.m. Arrival to the Blue crater.
- 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. free time to swim in the Blue Crater.
- 2:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Transfer from the Blue Crater to the Manos Unidas Community, located on the shores of the San Juan Acul Lagoon. A 30 minute conmute very close to La Pasión River.
- 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Lunch at the home of a family of the Manos Unidas Community.
- 4:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Transfer from the Community to Sayaxchè.
- 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Driving from Sayaxchè to Flores Island.
- Ground transportation Flores / Sayaxchè / Flores.
- Boat tour of Sayaxchè-Blue Crater- Trip to Manos Unidas-Sayaxché and return.
- English – Spanish speaking guide.
- Lunch, life jacket, diving masks
What’s not included: drinks, tips, aerial or bus transportation from Guatemala to Flores (we can arrange for it if you need)
Pricing (per person):